Wednesday, 1 October 2008

A visit to Ajisen Ramen, Adelaide.

Having meals in Japanese restaurants in Adelaide are something costly I would say. So, I can't afford to go everyday. But, when I pay visits to these restaurants, I will be burning a hole in my wallet. How sad is that? Why can't one dollar equals to one ringgit? I just can't don't like Japanese food. =(


Approximately TWO MONTHS AGO, my friends and I stepped into the newly opened branch of Ajisen Ramen in Adelaide. Because I don't have things to update. So, I decided to dig out something to update. And so that explains the two months ago. Well, you can basically see the branches of this Japanese restaurant in KL and also Singapore. So, nothing very fancy about it. But, I guess there is a slight difference in the dishes.


The Menu

And so, I got myself a bento set because I didn't want to have something soupy that day. Without hesitating, I got myself a Chicken Yakitori Bento Set. Basically, a chicken skewer set with rice, miso soup and some side dishes.


Chicken Yakitori Bento Set with seaweed and fried dumplings as side dishes. I can't remember what is the dish on the top left corner of this picture. Was it Salmon? Then my set would be Chicken Yakitori & Salmon Bento Set. I can't recall. =)


My friend ordered the Seafood Ramen which is mildly spicy. It wasn't that bad but the portion was quite small.


Seafood Ramen with a small lobster in it. Poor lobster. Got lobsterified.


Grilled Unagi is always a must in Japanese Restaurant but it costs a bomb.


The other side dish we ordered was this Deep Fried Calamari Ring. I have forgotten how did it taste. So, forget it.


Nice serviette. Rather cute.


I would say it was rather disappointing because I don't get to eat super fabulous Japanese Food yet. I'm so gonna eat my heart out when I'm back in Malaysia. And it always made me wonder why does Japanese Food always costs a bomb?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now u are making me freaking hungry man!!

TL said...

I am making you even hungrier with another post because I just posted another post. But, trust me. It doesn't taste as good as it looks like.